Free shipping in the US with all orders over $250!
RF Explorer Model 3G Combo -- Handheld / USB RF Spectrum Analyzer
RF Explorer is a handheld digital spectrum analyzer -- a very affordable tool for work in all popular frequency bands. It is based on a highly integrated frequency synthesizer and double balanced mixer which offers high performance, compact size, low power consumption and low cost. It has been designed to be used equally well indoors and outdoors, and can be connected to a PC for extra functionality using standard mini-USB 2.0 connector.
This model includes a WSUB1G baseline unit plus an RFEMWSUB3G Expansion Module conveniently assembled and tested. It comes with two SMA connectors and two antennas -- a nice Nagoya NA-773 wideband telescopic antenna for all Sub-GHz frequencies and a whip helical for the 2.4GHz band. Additional, specific-band antennas may be needed to efficiently cover certain frequencies supported by the device.
The combination of the two radio modules offers both the wide band coverage of the WSUB3G radio module along with the sensitivity and quick response of the WSUB1G radio module for popular sub-1GHz frequencies.Features:
- Pocket size and light weight.
- Solid aluminum metal case.
- Graphics LCD 128x64 pixels, great visibility outdoors.
- Spectrum Analyzer mode with Peak Max and Hold, Normal, Overwrite and Averaging modes.
- Lifetime free firmware upgrades available, open to community requested features.
- High capacity Lithium-ion polymer internal battery for 16hs+ of continuous run, rechargeable by USB.
- Can interface to Windows PC running data acquisition and analysis software.
- Wide band coverage includes: all popular sub-1Ghz ISM bands, 2.4x GHz (Wi-Fi, bluetooth, Zigbee), with maximum frequency reaching to 2700 MHz.
Note: This unit does not include RF Signal Generator functionality; only Spectrum Analyzer functionality is available.Specifications:
- Frequency Bands:
- Radio Module #1 (WSUB1G): 240-960 MHz
- Radio Module #2 (WSUB3G): 15-2700 MHz
- Frequency Span: 112 kHz - 100 MHz
- Graphics LCD 128x64 pixels, great visibility outdoors
- Backlight for great indoor visibility
- 2 standard SMA 50 ohms connectors for the two antennas that are included: Sub-GHz wideband Nagoya NA-773 telescopic antenna and 2.4 GHz helical antenna
- Amplitude Resolution: 0.5 dBm
- Dynamic Range:
- Left SMA port (WSUB1G): -115 dBm to 0 dBm
- Right SMA port (WSUB3G): -110dBm to -10dBm
- Absolute Max Input Power:
- Left SMA port (WSUB1G): +5 dBm
- Right SMA port (WSUB3G): +30dBm
- Average Noise Level (typical): -110 dBm
- Frequency Stability and Accuracy (typical): ±10 ppm
- Amplitude Stability and Accuracy (typical): ±6 dBm
- Frequency Resolution: 1 kHz
- Resolution Bandwidth (RBW): automatic 2.6 kHz to 600 kHz
- Size: 4.4 x 2.6 x 0.98 in | 113 x 70 x 25 mm
- Weight: 6.5 oz | 185 g
Includes Touchstone (Standard) RF spectrum analyzer software from Nuts About Nets and PC client software from Arocholl.