RF Explorer Model 6G Combo -- Handheld / USB RF Spectrum Analyzer
RF Explorer is a handheld digital spectrum analyzer -- a very affordable tool for work in all popular frequency bands. It is based on a highly integrated frequency synthesizer and double balanced mixer which offers high performance, compact size, low power consumption and low cost. It has been designed to be used equally well indoors and outdoors, and can be connected to a PC for extra functionality using standard mini-USB 2.0 connector.
This model includes a 6G baseline unit plus an RFEMWSUB3G Expansion Module conveniently assembled and tested. It comes with two SMA connectors and three antennas -- a nice Nagoya NA-773 wideband telescopic antenna for all Sub-GHz frequencies, a whip helical for the 2.4GHz band and a rubber duck antenna for the 5.8GHz band. Additional, specific-band antennas may be needed to efficiently cover certain frequencies supported by the device.
The combination of the two radio modules offers both the wide band coverage of the WSUB3G radio module along with the sensitivity and quick response of the 6G radio module for the upper 5.8 GHz ISM band used by Wi-Fi devices. Combining these radio modules in one device creates a dual-band diagnostic tool that is well-suited for monitoring and trouble-shooting Wi-Fi communication systems that operate in either the 2.4x or 5.x GHz ISM bands.Features:
- Pocket size and light weight.
- Solid aluminum metal case.
- Graphics LCD 128x64 pixels, great visibility outdoors.
- Spectrum Analyzer mode with Peak Max and Hold, Normal, Overwrite and Averaging modes.
- Lifetime free firmware upgrades available, open to community requested features.
- High capacity Lithium-ion polymer internal battery for 16hs+ of continuous run, rechargeable by USB.
- Can interface to Windows PC running data acquisition and analysis software.
- Wide band coverage includes: all popular sub-1Ghz ISM bands, 2.4x GHz (Wi-Fi, bluetooth, Zigbee), with maximum frequency reaching to 2700 MHz.
- Dual-band coverage includes: 2.4x and 5.x GHz ISM bands.