Free shipping in the US with all orders over $250!
Software & Bundles
WIFIEXPLORER — 802.11 Network Discovery / WiFi Scanner For The Android Platform
WifiExplorer is an 802.11 network discovery tool -- also known as a Wi-Fi scanner. It can be installed on Android devices running version 4.1 or higher of the Android operating system. Using your device's built-in 802.11 radio, it collects information about nearby wireless access points and displays the data in useful ways. The diagnostic views are helpful when installing and troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks.
WifiExplorer uses several diagnostic views that collectively provide an overview of your current Wi-Fi environment. You can monitor all APs or select just those you are interested in. The following list briefly describes some of the features available in the current version of WifiExplorer.Features:
- Support for both 2.4x GHz and 5.x GHz scanning on devices with dual-band Wi-Fi radios.
- Site Survey View -- displays each AP's beacon signal strength and channel, emphasizing how Wi-Fi channels in the 2.4x GHz ISM band overlap with one another.
- Occupied Channel View -- displays each AP's channel and relative beacon signal strength, emphasizing how the APs in your current Wi-Fi environment are distributed across different channels.
- Channel Occupancy View -- displays how the APs in your current Wi-Fi environment are distributed across different channels. Typically you'll see most APs on channels 1, 6, 11 and few (if any) on the other channels.
- AP Timecourses View -- displays each AP's beacon signal strength as a function of time. This view is most useful when monitoring a particular AP and you are moving around to different locations.
- List of wireless routers -- lists all the wireless APs in your current Wi-Fi environment, along with their SSID, BSSID (MAC address), channel, frequency, security configuration and beacon signal strength (RSSI).