WifiMETRIX -- DFS Tester And Dual-band, Channel Analyzer
WifiMETRIX is a new diagnostic tool used to analyze and test APs and Wi-Fi networks. It is a handheld device that operates in stand-alone mode -- that is, it does not associate or connect with an AP. WifiMETRIX implements three important features -- DFS Testing, WifiPROBE and AirHORN. The built-in 6 GHz radio module has been programmed to simulate radar signal patterns, and the built-in Wi-Fi chip can perform both signal generation / packet injection (AirHORN) and throughput diagnostics (WifiPROBE) on each channel.
PLEASE NOTE: With regards to the DFS Tester feature, the current version of WifiMETRIX supports the FCC's radar types 0 - 5. The European Union also has DFS requirements -- ETSI radar profiles -- that specify the types of radar waveforms that devices operating in the 5250~5350 MHz and 5470~5725 MHz frequency bands should be able to detect. The current version of WifiMETRIX does NOT yet support ETSI radar profiles. Support for ETSI radar profiles is planned for an upcoming firmware upgrade expected around June 2020.
- 6 GHz radio module, amplifier & filters
- Dual-band 802.11 Wi-Fi chip
- DFS Tester -- simulate radar signal patterns
- AirHORN channel / signal generator functionality (packet injection)
- WifiPROBE channel analyzer functionality
- Solid aluminum case plus silicon rubber boot protector
- Standard 50 ohm SMA antenna connector
- 128x64 built-in LCD screen
- Includes dual-band antenna for 2.4x and 5.x GHz ISM bands
- Includes micro-USB cable for recharging
- Includes 50 ohm SMA terminator to protect antenna connection
- Includes 6 GHz, 50 ohm 20 dB SMA attenuator (Male-to-Female)
- SMA terminator (dummy load) also used for calibrating the device
Package includes WifiMETRIX device, dual-band antenna, micro-USB cable, 20 dB attenuator, and 50 ohm SMA terminator.